When it comes to satisfying your dental care needs think of yourself as the boss and your dentist as an expert that can give you valuable care, advice and information. When you and your dentist work hand-in-hand you can be assured that your teeth and gums will remain in great shape throughout your life.
Talk to your dentist about your dental health:
- When you are in the dentist’s office think out of the box, don’t limit your conversations to your current dental need; talk about oral health in general. Ask your dentist what you can do to ensure that your teeth and gums are as healthy as possible.
- Do not hesitate to inform your dentist of any changes in your overall health, medications that you are taking and your stress level.
- Discuss your thinking on the dental care you are currently getting. Don’t be afraid of telling your dentist how you feel about the work they do.
Of course your dentist must be a true professional, skilled and equipped to satisfy your dental care needs. Your dentist also should be someone you actually like, does he or she?
- Communicate well, keeping me abreast of what is happening or about to happen and can I understand the explanation?
- Has your dentist at Parramatta Dental Studio stressed how important care at home between visits is? Has your dentist advised you on the benefits of good nutrition and shown you the proper way to brush and floss?
- Is your dentist concerned about your overall health?
The relationship between you and your dentist is extremely important, if you have questions to ask; ask them. Are services available in the language you speak, is the office accessible to those in a wheelchair and is the office convenient with plenty of parking? These and other questions are all important to satisfying your dental care needs.